Scottsdale Family Law Firm
What Is Considered Family Law?
Family law is considered a legal practice that focuses on legal family issues such as marriage, adoption, divorce, and child custody. In addition, some family law attorneys specialize in adoption, paternity, rights of parents and grandparents, or other matters not usually related to divorce.
At kdlaw P.C., we are exclusively devoted to the practice area of family law. This concentration gives our firm a depth of legal understanding and experience that allows us to resolve even the most complex cases and other contentious issues requiring litigation or appeals.
Founding attorney Kiilu Davis brings an impressive array of credentials and awards to this practice, including Certification by the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization as a Family Law Specialist. According to the Arizona State Bar, Board Certified Specialist “is a mark of excellence and a distinguished accomplishment.” It is only achieved by lawyers “who have substantial experience, the respect of their peers, and demonstrated special knowledge, skills, and proficiency in their area of law.”
Need help with divorce or a family law issues? Contact kdlaw P.C. to discuss your case with a Scottsdale attorney through our online request form or by calling (480) 999-0553.
Turn to a Leading Arizona Law Firm Exclusively Practicing Divorce & Family Law
Our attorneys are highly-skilled trial lawyers with extensive litigation experience. We have represented countless clients in court with a broad spectrum of issues ranging from simple dissolution and child support matters to highly-complex divorce-related financial, child custody, and other issues. Our legal team is backed by decades of experience resolving such issues both at trial and through proficiency in negotiation and mediation methods.
Family Law Cases
Our Scottsdale lawyers handle all Arizona family law issues, including the following:
- Divorce and legal separation. We have the capability of resolving highly-complex cases that may involve multiple financial and parental issues.
- Child custody. This issue involves legal decision-making as well as parenting time as determined by Arizona law.
- Child support. Support payments are determined by Arizona guidelines which provide a formula for their calculation.
- Fathers’, mothers’, and grandparents’ rights.
- Modifications and enforcements. This pertains to changing or enforcing family court orders on custody, child support, or alimony.
- Prenuptial agreements. These agreements establish property and financial rights in the event of a divorce.
- Property division. Arizona’s community property rule divides marital property and debt on an equitable basis. We bring competent resources and skills to those with substantial marital estates.
- Spousal maintenance/alimony. This issue is determined on a case-by-case basis in which many factors will be reviewed by the court.
- Relocation. A parent’s relocation with a child will be closely evaluated by the court to determine what is in the child’s best interests.
- Paternity. Unmarried mothers and fathers may file paternity actions to seek certain rights and responsibilities pertaining to the child they share.
- Alternative dispute resolution. We can help you resolve conflicts outside of the trial process through such actions as mediation.
- Appeals. If you believe your case was not resolved fairly, you have the right to appeal to a higher court. Our firm can provide appellate representation.
Our AttorneysDedicated to Your Case
Attorney & Founder
Trust Your Case to UsWhy Are We the Right Choice?
We Always Strive to Provide the Best Service
We Pride Ourselves on Attention to Detail
Our Skill & Representation Is Unparalleled
We Operate at a Top Level of Professionalism
We’re a Highly Experienced Team That Will Stand With You